[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JB Security + JB Identity

mad_rug do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 5 16:57:18 EDT 2009

Thanks again, PeterJ

The topic you linked is very useful, I intend to use form/DBLogin, so this will come in hand. The http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r5/html/ch8.chapter.html page is a good reference.
I looked at Identity docs, and SAML is not useful for be, so I'll leave it alone (I thought it had another purpose).

I could not find Security documentation (except the one provided with Portal and the one above), and I'd like to know better what features it provides. Sorry, but I really couldn't find any clarifying docs about what Security project can do out-of-the-box or provide as default implementation. I was expecting it could offer a standard DB schema for auth/roles, allowing certain customization, like Portal does when it is first used, speeding up app dev.
Can you clarify this?

If such default security implementation is not part of Security project itself but an addition by Portal, maybe I will try using Portal and remove its uneeded features, and theme redesign.

I know it seems I'm just trying to avoid implementing Security code myself, but I fear for robustness of this code, and I believe it would be safer use a default implementation and polish it.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235750#4235750

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4235750