[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - JBoss4.2.3GA class loading.

rishabh2u do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 6 00:53:00 EDT 2009

Hi all,
i know there are many artickes abt jboss class loading on jboss 3/4. I found this http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/JBossClassLoadingUseCases the best.
However there is 1 point that i still am not clear on. Below is my understanding and doubts. Please comment on them:

If i scope my deployment, i understand that all this does is it puts my own classes in a higher preceedence than the same classes from other UCL's yeah? So regardless of Java2ParentDelegation value, if i need a class and its available in another UCL it will be loaded from there IF I dont have it in my UCL. Can someone please confirm that my understanding it correct. This is what I understood form the case 3 and 4 of the article.
Now the problems is that when i try to replicate this behaviour, i dont pick up classes form other UCL's in a scoped deployment and HAVE TO provide the class in my own deployment.

Also are the classes in /server//lib/ loaded by a UCL3 same as any application in the deploy directory ?

regards,
Rishabh.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235769#4235769

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4235769