[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - NPE in FlaggedPolicyModule.toString on redeploy

lelleh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 8 03:45:34 EDT 2009

JBoss 5.0.1.GA and 5.1.0.GA.

I have an ear with a war, and the latter has a file WEB-INF/fsws-db-login-jboss-beans.xml with the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <deployment xmlns="urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0">
  |
  |   <application-policy xmlns="urn:jboss:security-beans:1.0" name="fsws">
  |     <authentication>
  |       <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule"
  |                     flag = "required">
  |         <module-option name="dsJndiName">java:jdbc/FSWS_AUTH</module-option>
  |         <module-option name="principalsQuery">SELECT passord FROM wsbruker WHERE navn=?</module-option>
  |         <module-option name="rolesQuery">SELECT rolle, 'Roles' FROM wsbruker_roller WHERE navn=?</module-option>
  |         <module-option name="hashAlgorithm">SHA-1</module-option>
  |         <module-option name="unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>
  |
  |       </login-module>
  |     </authentication>
  |   </application-policy>
  |
  | </deployment>

(I have had this working with the older DynamicLoginConfig-approach, deployed in a file which was not part of the ear or war.)

I wonder what I do wrong, because hot deployment of my ear does not work with this, as it is not cleanly uninstalled:

anonymous wrote :
  | 09:03:33,471 WARN  [AbstractKernelController] Error uninstalling from Configured: name=fsws$AuthenticationPolicy$Module0 state=Configured
  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.jboss.security.microcontainer.beans.FlaggedPolicyModule.toString(FlaggedPolicyModule.java:110)
  | 	at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2827)
  | 	at org.jboss.util.JBossStringBuilder.append(JBossStringBuilder.java:114)
  | 	at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.toString(AbstractControllerContext.java:362)
  | 	at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelControllerContext.toString(AbstractKernelControllerContext.java:174)
  | 	at org.jboss.util.JBossObject.toStringImplementation(JBossObject.java:232)
  | 	at org.jboss.util.JBossObject.toString(JBossObject.java:161)
  | 	at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2827)
  | 	at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:115)
  | 	at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.ConfigureAction.uninstallActionInternal(ConfigureAction.java:62)
  | 09:03:33,472 ERROR [BeanMetaDataDeployer] Error during undeploy: fsws$AuthenticationPolicy$Module0
  | java.lang.Error: INTERNAL ERROR: context not found in previous state Configured context=name=fsws$AuthenticationPolicy$Module0 state=Configured
  | 	at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.uninstallContext(AbstractController.java:1171)

The offending line in FlaggedPolicyModule.toString() goes:

  | for (Map.Entry<String, Object> entry : super.options.entrySet())

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235901#4235901

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4235901