[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Using SecurityClient

rbattenfeld do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 8 07:28:47 EDT 2009

Hello

I developed a custom login module using the new simplified security domain configuration. The login module is developed using the JAAS API instead of using JBoss specific classes. Currently, the login module authenticates and authorizes our ejb module. The login module works as expected.

On the client side, I was not able to login using the JAAS API. I found several blogs proposing to use the proprietary SecurityClient for the login. To my surprise, using the SecurityClient class allows a JAAS login.

Therefore, my question is: Is it true that a client side JAAS login is only possible by using the SecurityClient class? Note that we are using JBoss 5.0.1.

Thanks for any help
Ralf

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235978#4235978

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4235978