[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - ThreadLocal not working with Local EJBs

dmeers do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 8 13:54:41 EDT 2009

We have an app that has been running on JBoss 4.x.  I am trying to upgrade to the latest Jboss (5.1.0GA).   We are using ThreadLocal objects to communicate some global vars down to the EJBs (and DAOs).  This worked fine in JBoss 4.x, but doesn't work in 5.1.0.

Does anybody know if 5.1.0 is disallowing this?  Is it running local EJBs in a separate thread?  Can I configure this somehow?

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, we don't have the time (or resource) to re-code the EJBs and simply pass the 'global' data via EJB method calls.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4236149#4236149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4236149