[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Migrating JBoss 4.0.5 to 5.0 Problems

mattc@landslide.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 8 18:30:08 EDT 2009

Hello,

 We are in the process of migrating our web application from JBoss 4.0.5 to 5.0.  We use an older version of AJAX4JSF pretty extensively in the app would also like to move to Richfaces during this process. We can get most of the application working but we ran into problems where Servlets were forwarding to JSP pages using commands like:

((HttpServletRequest) request).getSession().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher( "/main.jsp").forward(request, response)

This work fine with 4.0 and JSF 1.1 but in JBoss 5 and 1.2 we get different errors. Sometimes we get a StackOverflowException (looks like JSF is calling get or setAttribute) or we get NULL pointers down in calls that originate from code like

 application.createValueBinding("#controller}").getValue(facesContext)

I have spent a good amount of time on this and can't seem to get anywhere. At first I thought it was perhaps an old JAR file or something along those lines but I have not made any progress. Here is a little more info on the setup:

 - JBoss 5.1
 - RichFaces 3.x
 - Tomahawk

Any advice would be most appreciated!