[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Problems with scoped class loading

diegomansua do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 9 07:42:36 EDT 2009

Hi everyone. I have an app that uses a few Hibernate 3 jars. I'm trying to deploy it to a JBoss EAP 4.3, whose default AS instance has already Hibernate  3 JARs on its lib dir.

When I start the server, I get a NoSuchMethodException on org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator class. I created a jboss-app.xml file inside the META-INF directory of my EAR deployment, with these contents:

<jboss-app>
  | <loader-repository>
  |       com.xeridia:archive=TestEAR.ear
  |       <loader-repository-config>
  |          java2ParentDelegation=false
  |       </loader-repository-config>
  |    </loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>

It didn't work. I also tryed setting java2ParentDelegaton to true with no luck.

If I remove the Hibernate 3 JARs from the server/lib directory, then my app starts fine. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4236334#4236334

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4236334