[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Performance Numbers for JBoss Messaging 2.0

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 10 10:25:20 EDT 2009

We haven't produced any scientific results and won't publish any until we can do them properly (hopefully before GA), but we have done some ad-hoc tests, to give you a taste:

Performance very much depends on your hardware. Using a single quad core Xeon server with 16 GiB RAM and SAS hard drives as the messaging server we can currently hit around 50K *persistent* messages per second, each message is around 1100 bytes in size, that's a data persistence rate of around 60MiBytes/sec which is *very* fast.

We hope to push that to around 100MiB/s which is close to saturating the disk's max physical write rate.

For non persistent messages, on a single server I did about 350K small messages per second (empty bodies) and IIRC around 100K 1100 byte messages per sec.

I don't want to be more specific than that right now, since the above results are not very scientific but they should give you an indication of what JBM 2 is capable of.

Why not try it out yourself?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4236750#4236750

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4236750