[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: cannot load classes located in WEB-INF/lib

jbosshog98 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 11 06:24:48 EDT 2009

I should add that I tried the code below with my JARs in WEB-INF/lib
and am receiving the error below. With the JARs in the EAR file I
don't have to do the updateJar, I can just use the code as is without
the two  tags and it works. I'm not sure if this is a
dependency thing or what, I'm a little baffled. I just need to get
ahold of the Spring application context from within Railo, which I can
do with the JAR in the EAR/lib but not this way.

<cfadmin action="updateJar"
  |             type="web"
  |             password="testtest"
  |             jar="/work/jboss/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/
  | railo.ear/railo1.war/WEB-INF/lib/spring.jar">
  |
  |                 <cfset var utils = createObject("java",
  | "org.springframework.web.context.support.WebApplicationContextUtils",
  | "/work/jboss/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/railo.ear/railo1.war/
  | WEB-INF/lib/spring.jar") />
  |
  |                 <cfset var context = getPageContext().getServletContext() />
  |
  |                 <cfset variables.applicationContext = utils.getWebApplicationContext
  | (context)>
  |
  | <cfadmin    action="removeJar"
  |             type="web"
  |             password="testtest"
  |             jar="/work/jboss/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/
  | railo.ear/railo1.war/WEB-INF/lib/spring-web-2.0.4.jar">

When I do this I get the following error:

Root context attribute is not of type WebApplicationContext:
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext at 1ff48d8:
display name [Root WebApplicationContext]; startup date [Thu Jun 11
03:06:42 PDT 2009]; root of context hierarchy
        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.WebApplicationContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext
(WebApplicationContextUtils.java:66):66
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method):-2
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source):-1
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source):-1
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source):-1
        at railo.runtime.reflection.pairs.MethodInstance.invoke
(MethodInstance.java:37):37
        at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:241):241
        at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:260):260
        at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues
(VariableUtilImpl.java:617):617

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4236957#4236957

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4236957