[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: PortletStateHolder

FelderR do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 12 06:21:04 EDT 2009

Just implemented the filter and the clearing of the states LRUMap. As I can see all the normal Request/Responses work fine. The Problem occurs when using Ajax based Richfaces requests (eg ExtendedDataTable with filtering and sorting):

javax.faces.FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id 4c4fd449-3557-426b-8cd5-f864c24692be:view:2cfaa740-1be3-46a4-bef4-28ece52dcd46
	at org.jboss.portletbridge.context.ServletExternalContextImpl.(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:101)

So now that I know why the states are cached I have a better solution solving the Memory Leak! The PortletStateHolder needs to hold the state as long as one page is doing Ajax based requests. So if the next page is requested PortletStateHolder does not need the old state any more so it can clearly remove it! So when adding a new WindowState we remove the old WindowStates for this session id:

  | private void clearExpiredSessionStates(String sessionId) {
  |    if (states != null && sessionId != null) {
  |       for (StateId stateid : states.keySet()) {
  |          if (sessionId.equals(stateid.getScopeId())) {
  |             states.remove(stateid);
  |          }
  |       }
  |    }
  | }
  | public void addWindowState(StateId stateId, PortletWindowState state) {
  |    clearExpiredSessionStates(stateId.getScopeId());
  |    states.put(stateId, state);
  | }

There's one drawback with this solution if there is more than one window open one of the windows get an error when doing Ajax based requests as we only store one state per session.

Working on a solution to this. Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237238#4237238

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237238