[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: beginner question for the jbpm evalutaion (performance a

golubec do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 12 06:55:38 EDT 2009

Thanks kukeltje,

I've read that blog about performance before as well as your jbpmplanet blog too.

As for "tuning-jbpm-in-cluster.html" the point there is demonstration of jBPM scalalability rather than performance i guess.

For me it's not clear whether workflow under the test is complex or a simple one (as one i'm using), because for 2000 "escalations" (is it jBPM terminology?) even the best time of 34 secs doesn't look great.

But "tuning-jbpm-in-cluster.html" also mentions that number of threads which execute process can be increased - may be that's the way i could achieve better performance in my case?

Another question is there only one way to run the same process multiple times:

      Execution execution = executionService.startProcessInstanceByKey("NoOperation");

, or may be other approaches exist which would allow better performance, considering more constraints of course.

If you ask me - 3 millisecs  per process isn't very good result - don't blame me, but i've tried Drools Flow with similar NoOperation flow where only start and end present. The results i got were - [0.5 ... 10,5] secs depending on the how the sessions are treated. I understand that the process state in jBPM is persisted and it will always have impact on the performance.

May be it's not a correct question but is it possible to disable process state persistency, so DB won't be involved at all??

As i said am just making evalution and try to choose the right technology for "workflow" engine which could face our near real-time requirements.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237248#4237248

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237248