[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - META-INF/jboss.xml is being ignored

davidjgrant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 15 06:51:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am attempting to override the container configuration for a CMP 2.x Entity Bean by including a jboss.xml DD in the EJB jar packaged within a deployed EAR.  Whilst the jboss.xml DD for various EJB 3 deployments is logged by the JBoss deployer, there is no such logging for the EJB 2 application.

I do see that the deployer is parsing the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file in the same directory.  The jboss.xml file is well-formed, so I see no reason why it should not be used.  Can anyone shed any light on how I can debug this issue?

jboss.xml:

  | <jboss>
  |         <unauthenticated-principal>nobody</unauthenticated-principal>
  |         <enterprise-beans>
  |                 <entity>
  |                         <ejb-name>UserData</ejb-name>
  |                         <local-jndi-name>UserDataLocal</local-jndi-name>
  |                         <configuration-name>Non-Blocking Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean</configuration-name>
  |                 </entity>
  |         </enterprise-beans>
  |         <container-configurations>
  |                 <container-configuration extends="Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean">
  |                         <container-name>Non-Blocking Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean</container-name>
  |                         <!-- Override the Locking Policy -->
  |                         <locking-policy>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.lock.JDBCOptimisticLock</locking-policy>
  |                 </container-configuration>
  |         </container-configurations>
  | </jboss>

Dave