[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Completely confused by client failover

gaohoward do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 16 00:23:43 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote :
  | 2/ Problem
  | The failover sometimes works, sometimes not (maybe depending on which node the connection was last pointing to?)

Did you have any error log when the failover not happening?

anonymous wrote :
  | 3/ Things i'm confused about:
  | * The FailoverOnNodeLeave attribute in oracle-persistence-service.xml. From what i read it forces same failover on Ctrl-C as on brutal kill-9 or crash?

yes, it will force a failover on a normal node shutdown.

anonymous wrote :
  | * Do i have to do anything in the client (interceptor, exception listener,...)? I'm getting mixed messages, so is the failover transparent or not? If it's not, what do i need to do (the connection is injected via Spring if it makes any difference)

the client failover is transparent.

anonymous wrote :
  | * Does specifying ClusteredXAConnectionFactory/ClusteredConnectionFactory/others in the client make any difference? I don't see what XA or not would change for a remote client but i could be horribly wrong?

No difference. You can cast the reference to a XAConnectionFactory or ConnectionFactory based on your need.

anonymous wrote :
  | Any examples of a transparently reconnecting client? I see only xml files in the JBoss messaging examples directory?

The examples for the moment you need to get from svn:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/messaging/tags/JBossMessaging_1_4_3_GA/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237778#4237778

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237778