[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Control SLSB min pool size

ffaure32 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 16 03:55:58 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Apparently, there is no way in JBoss to manage the minimum number of instances in the pool of a Stateless Session Bean.

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=132492

I have a stateless session bean that have an expensive initialization (load an XACML PDP). I would like to init a certain number of instances at start up to be effective at first client call. With no min pool size, it is obviously not possible.

I guess there are alternatives to this kind of needs. Other design?
(To be more precise, I decided to load my XACML PDP from an SLSB as the XACML does not seem to be thread safe. If I have one PDP instance associated with each EJB instance, I'm sure calls will be done synchronized with a capacity to increase the pool if I have perf problems...)

Many thanks in advance,

Fred

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237806#4237806

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237806