[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Is XACML PDP Thread Safe?

ffaure32 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 17 04:25:14 EDT 2009

"anil.saldhana at jboss.com" wrote : What version of JBossXACML?

  | Also are you referring to the SOAPSAMLXACMLServlet from JBoss Identity 1.0.0.alpha3?

Hi Anil and thank you for your prompt response!

I'm actually using jboss-xacml-2.0.3 and jboss-xacml-saml-2.0.3-aplha from JBoss Maven Repository.

I had a look to the new version of your SAML Servlet and it is very similar to what I did to make it work (that is load the pdp at init and put a lock on evaluate() method).
The performance is OK for the moment but this lock would be a bottleneck in case of huge load, wouldn't it?

Whatever, regarding your solutions, I guess you confirm the PDP evaluate method is not thread safe? This is the most important to know for me as in my architecture, the PDP won't be used only through the SAML servlet but also through an EJB and other "clients" (Spring). I need to confirm if each PDP instance access has to be synchronized or not.

Thanks again,

Fred

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238127#4238127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238127