[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - About the UseParallelOldGC

cytchiu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 19 06:09:41 EDT 2009

I am running a cluster JBoss servers.
Both server has 4 CPUs, dual cores. i.e. 8 logical CPUs.

I want to tune the JVM setting and I found that I can use the following parameters:

+UseParallelOldGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads

I did some load test with different number of ParallelGCThreads.
However, I was surprised from the load test result that, the Full GC time for the UseParallelOldGC is much longer than I didn't use it. E.g.
A) Parallel Old GC = 7
4.1747870 secs

B) Parallel Old GC = 3
4.2135090 secs

C) No Parallel Old GC
2.7176180 secs

Does anyone know any reason why the Parallel GC can perform poor?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238719#4238719

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238719