[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Metrics in JBoss Messaging.

mlange do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 19 06:33:24 EDT 2009

AOP is a technology to implement cross-cutting concerns and it is heavily used in JBM 1.4. I simply used the existing classes (some of them are precompiled with aopc) and added an interceptor. This one is called before/after the method call. Using this the message rate (incoming/outgoing) or the registered listeners can be easily recognized. The MBean is used for the data collection, so the values can be monitored from there using JMX. If you are interested I can provide the code - fairly simple but effective stuff. Unfortunately JBM itself (at least in 1.4) does not provide useful metrics.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238729#4238729

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238729