[jboss-user] [Advanced Documentation] - Re: JBoss configuration to allow CAB and MSI files

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 21 18:35:53 EDT 2009

You should be able to place them in your local web.xml because the global one is merged with the local one to create the settings used for your web app. My guess is that one of the mappings (servlet, perhaps?) in your web.xml is causing those files to be passed to your code for processing. I added a couple of links to and MSI and CAB file in one of my apps and when I clicked on the link I got the file download box, as expected.

Wait a second, What browser are you using? I used Firefox. Then I tried IE and it displayed the binary contents of each file. You'd think that the M$ guys would be smart enough to tell IE what to do with MSI and CAB files. Sigh.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238919#4238919

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238919