[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Cannot find child element: parameters

klowtherjr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 22 15:10:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm working with wsdl2java generated classes making an rpc call in JBoss 4.2.3 to a WSDL on another platform.
This seems to work fine until the response comes back to the client.  The response comes back as follows.

  | <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  |    <soapenv:Body>
  |       <wmscr:SubmitPirepResponse xsi:schemaLocation="urn:faa:nas:wmscr:1:0 SubmitPirep.xsd" xmlns:aw="urn:faa:nas:swim:aviationwx:1:0" xmlns:swim="urn:bhmi:wmscr:swim:1:0" xmlns:wmscr="urn:faa:nas:wmscr:1:0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>
  |    </soapenv:Body>
  | </soapenv:Envelope>

My client errors out with the following message that I'll truncate to keep the post short(er):

Exception Stack Trace:javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: org.jboss.ws.WSException: Cannot find child element: parameters
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientImpl.handleRemoteException(ClientImpl.java:404)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:314)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:172)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:152)
... (truncated here)
Caused by: org.jboss.ws.WSException: Cannot find child element: parameters
	at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPBinding.getParameterFromMessage(CommonSOAPBinding.java:917)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPBinding.unbindResponseMessage(CommonSOAPBinding.java:634)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonClient.invoke(CommonClient.java:380)
	at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:302)
	... 105 more
(truncated here as well)

This indicates to me that the response is not sending a  tag when the client clearly expects it.
I can see a  tag in the inbound request when the request gets to the web service.  My question is where does the requirement for this tag come from (SOAP?, JAXB?).
I cannot find a mention of it anywhere in any of the specs I've been looking at.  It's probably right in front of my face and I'm just not seeing it.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this issue.

Ken

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4239188#4239188

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4239188