[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - node.getChild() returning inconsistent results

drcallaway do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 23 14:10:17 EDT 2009

I am getting very strange results when calling node.getChild() in different ways. For instance, I've populated a local cache (using the JDBC cache loader) with the following node:

/content/timestamp

This node has a value in its hashmap named "timestamp" that contains a Long. The tricky thing is that I get different values for this node based on how I retrieve it (see below).

root.getChild("/content/timestamp") - returns null

root.getChild("content/timestamp") - returns the time stored in the backing database

root.getChild(Fqn.fromString("content/timestamp")) - returns the time stored in the in-memory cache

root.getChild(Fqn.fromString("/content/timestamp")) - returns null

Any thoughts on why this node varies based on how I retrieve it?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4239523#4239523

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4239523