[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Re: Spring Component Auto Detection

mike_mackey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 25 10:02:07 EDT 2009

Well I'm having all sorts of problems :-)

My main problem at the moment (which I should open a seperate thread either here or on the spring forums) is dependency injection has stopped working for me.

What I had working in a single war was a data access object defined like so

  | @Repository
  | public class HibernateDomainObjectDao extends HibernateDaoSupport implements DomainObjectDao {

and a service class using it like

  | @Service
  | public class DomainObjectServiceImpl implements DomainObjectService {
  |
  |     private DomainObjectDao 	   domainObjectDao;
  |
  |     private static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(DomainObjectServiceImpl.class);
  |
  |     public DomainObjectServiceImpl()
  |     {
  |     	log.error("CONSTRUCTED DomainObjectServiceImpl");
  |     }
  |
  |     @Resource
  |     public void setDomainObjectDao(DomainObjectDao domainObjectDao)
  |     {
  |     	log.error("setDomainObjectDao");
  |         this.domainObjectDao = domainObjectDao;
  |      }

So like I said ... all fine and working properly in standalone war. However when I moved all of classes into a seperate jar and deployed it as a jar+war in an ear suddenly it stopped working. I see everything created but the set is never called. So dependency injection isnt working ?

I know ... new thread ... but is it a Jboss issue or a spring issue ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240060#4240060

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240060