[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Limit IP access to a session beans (EAR)

mikioma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 26 07:03:45 EDT 2009

I don't know J2EE deep enough to be sure... but I don't think you can, I'm affraid.

Web applications have concepts like "HttpRequest" with which you can get things like IP addresses... but AFAIK there is no such concept in EJB.

Anyway, I think the point in J2EE applications is to grant or deny access through the concepts of authentication, authoritation, users, roles... I don't know of a specific security mechanism in which IP addresses is in mind...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240287#4240287

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240287