[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: ConcurrentModificationException during session serializa

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 26 11:14:30 EDT 2009

Good. :-) I very deliberately eliminated the double buffering because of the memory cost.

FYI, before this thread got going I'd been thinking (vaguely) in terms of using read/write locks in AS 6 to better handle coordination. E.g., in ClusteredSessionValve acquire a RL before passing the request down the pipeline, release when it returns, acquire a WL before handling replication.  Basically, allow concurrent access to a session but lock out requests while a thread is replicating.

The same thing could be done by having ClusteredSessionValve synchronize on the facade while passing the request down the pipeline, but then only one request can proceed at a time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240377#4240377

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240377