[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: About the UseParallelOldGC

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 26 12:02:49 EDT 2009

You'll notice the question mark after my statement about the free memory list.  That means I don't know, I am just guessing and my guess could be completely off. I also stated that I had not had time to look into why the parallel old GC runs slow. So asking me to explain it is futile because I have no answers. As I stated earlier, the best thing you can do is try several different GC mechanisms and use the one that works best for you. If you are really concerned about the parallel old GC performance, you should take that up with Sun, after all, it's their JVM and their code.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240389#4240389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240389