[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portal database

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 26 12:23:57 EDT 2009

I hit Submit too soon. I should have also stated the following:

JBoss AS, by default, uses a datasource name DefaultDS, mainly for messaging and timer data. While you can configure both AS and Portal to use the same database, I recommend that you do not for the same reasons I gave for having your portlets use a different database for their data. It is always better to separate disparate data into separate databases for easier manageability.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240405#4240405

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240405