[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - do timers and multithreaded environment cause db deadlocking

johndvm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 29 13:45:53 EDT 2009

I was wondering if there were any issues with using timers and multi-threaded execution.

I am using JBPM 3.2.6-SP1 and it seems like when I run two threads through my process workflow, I get a database deadlock.

It seems like 1 thread is holding open a transaction for the duration of the entire workflow, and has locked the JBPM_JOB table, and another thread starts and as it tries to transition between stages, it tries to delete from the JBPM_JOB table, and the entire thing gets deadlocked.  It appears the problem is with trying to delete the timer at the same node.

org.jbpm.JbpmException: could not delete timers by name 'validate' for Token(/)
    at org.jbpm.db.JobSession.deleteTimersByName(JobSession.java:216)
    at org.jbpm.scheduler.db.DbSchedulerService.deleteTimersByName(DbSchedulerService.java:64)
    at org.jbpm.scheduler.def.CancelTimerAction.execute(CancelTimerAction.java:46)
    at org.jbpm.graph.def.GraphElement.executeAction(GraphElement.java:281)

Is this something that is known, or have other people been able to use JBPM with timers in a multi-threaded environment?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240829#4240829

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240829