[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Tutorial that WORKS? and jboss source code?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 29 17:33:13 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : did you tried it and did it work in eclipse or you just gave me something that you have heard about

My, we are cynical today, aren't we.

I did go through the tutorial, but it has been a while, and I do not recall any significant issues with it (there are always minor differences because as the code progresses sometimes the docs don't keep up all that well).  I have to admit that I have not tried that exact tutorial with that exact version of Eclipse and JBoss Tools - like I said it was a while ago so it was an earlier version of Eclipse and of Tools and of the tutorial. Needless to say, I refuse to run through the tutorial again just to verify that it still works correctly. If I would have know that you expected that of me before I posted my reply, then I would not have replied.

Also, your question was open ended. You never even stated that you were already using JBoss Tools. If you would have instead state the exact version of JBoss Tools that you installed, and given the URL for the tutorial you read and pointed out specific inconsistencies, then they could have been specifically dealt with.

Finally, I don't think you need the source for portlet-api.jar; I think what you need is the javadoc. Well, I guess the source would work if you want to set it up as another Eclipse project, but why do that when attaching the javadoc to the jar file accomplishes the same task? With the javadoc you will get the class and method comments you are looking for.

I did find the javadoc - it took some searching. Go the the JSR-286 download page and request the specification - you will get a ZIP file. Within the ZIP file there is a doc.zip file - unpack that, it has the javadoc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240874#4240874

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240874