[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: java.net.SocketException: Too many open files on Red Hat

kiranhk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 29 23:57:21 EDT 2009

Yes. we are also hitting a Webservices system and we post xml over http instead of WSDL.

There are 2 things that i have done to overcome this problem right now.

1) turned off the deployment scanner in the jboss-service.xml

2) added a executor tag for the server.xml so that it will close the TCP connections after there is idle time.

jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/ottserver/deploy/jboss-web.deployer/server.xml

<Executor name="appThreadpool" namePrefix="activeThread-" maxThreads="1000" minSpareThreads="30" maxIdleTime="30

for now we seem to have jumped over this max open files problem.

But there is a new problem which has cropped up now.

After running load tests for 3/4 hours using JMeter at the end of the 4th hour we saw a sudden spike in the jboss process where its hitting 100% CPU and this didn’t come back down after we stopped the requests from jmeter to the server. we had to kill the server to revive it.

any ideas as to what seems to be the problem.

also can you pls give me more info abt the patch.

thanks in advance.

Cheers
Kiran

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240899#4240899