[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Simple navigations in CMS - not possible??

ops do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 1 14:14:38 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

I´m experimenting with JBoss Portal and I am wondering whether there is no simple way to build somthing like a html link menu to access several pages within the cms. I searched all reference manuals but found no hints to do that without coding a portlet. Certainly - I can build such a menu as a static html file and show it in the cms portlet. But what if the content shall be changed from another portlet window, e.g. a nav-bar in the left column?

I found a hint to call the pages via
"/portal/MyPortal/default/Content?action=2&uri=/ItemN/index.html", but this doesnt work for me, because JBoss always switches the portal url to things like:
"http://localhost:8080/portal/auth/portal/MeinPortal/Startseite/CMSWindow?action=2&uri=%2Fbook%2Findex.html"

Any hints or ideas?
Thanks,
Oliver