[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Starting JBoss as a Service on Windows XP has an issue

parag.goyal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 2 01:00:21 EST 2009

Hi Mladen,

Thanks for the solution

Replacing

REM Add bin/native to the PATH if present
if exist "%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\native" set PATH=%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\native;%PATH%

with(As you suggested work well , Hence JBoss is able to start as a service)

REM Add bin/native to the PATH if present
if exist "%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\native" set PATH=%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\native;%PATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%\bin

More over it is able to start with below given 2 replacements .

1 .
REM Add bin/native to the PATH if present
if exist "%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\native" set PATH=%PATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\native;(%PATH% is prefixed instead of postfix)

2.
REM Add bin/native to the PATH if present
if exist "%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\native" set PATH=%JBOSS_HOME%\bin\native;%PATH%;(only semicolor is added at the end of path)

do u think will there be any problem due these 2 alternatives.

One more think .
I could not understand why it is the problem of run.bat why not jbosssvc.exe ? Becuase i am able to run JBoss AS from run.bat directly any how with or without trailing slash at last of PATH enviornment variable but problem encountered only when we run JBoss as a service(which uses jbosssvc.exe).

Thaks,
parag

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214061#4214061

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214061