[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Socket invocator and long transactions

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 3 04:17:52 EST 2009

Hi Doychin,

Remoting, in its current form doesn't know about transactions.  But the fact that SocketServerInvoker.IdleTimeoutTask is killing ServerThreads during invocations is bug, regardless of the presence of transactions.

I've created JBREM-1107 "SocketServerInvoker.IdleTimeoutTask interrupts ServerThreads during long invocation".  In the meantime, the workaround would be, of course, to increase the value of the "idleTimeout" parameter.

"doychin" wrote :
  | For 2.4 I see that all calls to shutdown and unblock method are commented and replaced just with call to shutdown later in the code.

Yes, for Remoting 2.4 I reorganized somewhat the relationship between ServerThread and SocketServerInvoker.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214414#4214414

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4214414