[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Dynamic multicast configuration

kovacsrf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 3 09:58:10 EST 2009

Dear All !

We are using JBoss 4.2.2GA with JBossCache 1.4.1 SP5.
The following standard services are based on TreeCache and TreeCacheAop in our case:

jboss.cache:service=TomcatClusteringCache,
jboss.cache:service=EJB3EntityTreeCache and jboss.cache:service=EJB3SFSBClusteredCache

The JChannel configurations of these services come from the service descriptors, where unicast is defined.
I want to reconfigure these services for using multicast but without editing the service xml's.
If a special JVM property is defined these services should start using multicast JChannel configuration.
I found the managed operations setClusterProperties() and setClusterConfig() of TreeCache. With help of these methods it is possible to change these configurations after service restart.
But I want to avoid restarting the services, the decision (which configuration should be used) must be made during service start up.

Any feedback or comment are welcome.

Regards,
Robert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4214554#4214554