[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - 3.2.1 Datasource Change

robro99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 4 16:38:56 EST 2009

I have tried to search, but just cannot seem to find a good answer on this.  I apologize as I am a complete noob when it comes to JBOSS.  I followed this http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11142 and used jbpm-jpdl-suite-3.2.1.zip to get jBPM going.  I can start it up and run through the websale example.  Now I need to change the backend database.

I think my major problem is that the user guide talks about files that do not exist (at least not in suite-3.2.1).  I have been trying to follow this http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v3/userguide/thejbpmdatabase.html#d0e2465..

I have a new datasource "mssql-ds.xml" in my C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.1\server\server\jbpm\deploy directory.  I tested this with a simple JSP and it seems to work. It is named <jndi-name>MSSQLDS</jndi-name>.

The problem I am running into is that the user guide suggests modifying jboss-service.xml which it says is found in
${JBPM_SDK_HOME}/jbpm-server/server/jbpm/deploy/jbpm.sar/META-INF
I do NOT have a jbpm.sar.  Is there something equivalent for 3.2.1?

After that step it suggests modifying hibernate.cfg.xml, which it says should be found in jbpm.sar.cfg.jar, which I do not have. :(

If anyone could tell me what file(s) in 3.2.1 I need to modify to change from the default datasource to my new datasource I would be very greatful.

-Rob the confused

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215041#4215041

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4215041