[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Handler execution order in handler chain

Sancheski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 6 08:25:56 EST 2009

Hi,

I have defined three handlers in a handler chain as follows:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <handler-chains xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
  | 	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:ns1="http://org.jboss.ws/jaxws/handlerscope"
  | 	xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee javaee_web_services_1_2.xsd">
  |
  | 	<handler-chain>
  | 		<handler>
  | 			<handler-name>Handler 1</handler-name>
  | 			<handler-class>
  | 				test.HandlerOne
  | 			</handler-class>
  | 		</handler>
  | 		<handler>
  | 			<handler-name>Handler 2</handler-name>
  | 			<handler-class>
  | 				test.HandlerTwo
  | 			</handler-class>
  | 		</handler>
  | 		<handler>
  | 			<handler-name>Handler 3</handler-name>
  | 			<handler-class>
  | 				test.HandlerThree
  | 			</handler-class>
  | 		</handler>
  | 	</handler-chain>
  |
  | </handler-chains>

I thought that the handler execution order was going to be: handler 1, handler 2 and handler 3. But what really happened was that handlers were executed in reverse order, that is: Handler 3, handler 2, and handler 1.

My handlers implement javax.xml.ws.handler.soap.SOAPHandler and I am using jbossws 3.0.4.GA.

How can I set the handler execution order ? Are handlers in handler chain executed in reverse order as they are defined in the handler definition?

Thanks in advance,

David Sancho

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215702#4215702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4215702