[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: your current Jboss evaluation

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 6 11:00:18 EST 2009

"Aldian_00" wrote : Is there nobody to answer me? I don't understand how it is possible. On the mailing list and forum of Jonas, Geronimo and Glassfish whose communities are theoretically far smaller than the JBoss one, I had an answer very fast.

I don't know how to answer this. First off i don't think asking this question in the "Beginners forum" is the right place, but i don't know which other forum to redirect you (and that's the reason why i said i don't know how to answer this :) )

"Aldian_00" wrote :
  | So I begin to wonder wether JBoss is as performant as the rumor says, since there is nobody on the forum to speak for it :(.

That wouldn't be a correct criteria to judge JBoss (or any other server) for that matter :)

So coming back to your original questions:

anonymous wrote : About JBoss, what evaluation (please give a mark from 1=worst to 10=best) would you give concerning the following tests?

I wont provide any ratings here, instead i'll provide some details about how JBoss does things in each of these categories.  Then maybe you could compare this information against the other servers and rate them yourself. If you need more information, you can then ask specific questions :)

anonymous wrote : * easy to install

JBoss AS comes as a zipped archive. Installation is as simple as unzipping it to any folder on your system. Can't be any easier than that :)

anonymous wrote : * easy deployment
Deployment is again as simple as the installation itself. JBoss has a predefined folder named "deploy" where you can place your deployables. That's all, JBoss will pick it up and deploy it. If required you can configure any other folder of your choice by just changing a value in a configuration file.

anonymous wrote : * easy administration
What type of administration are you looking for? And that reminds me one more question - which version of the server are you interested in? AS-4.x or the newer 5.x version?

anonymous wrote : * easy IDE interfacing
I won't call this an AS question. Instead its a question about the tools available for developing applications for AS. JBoss Tools provides such an IDE with a whole lot of features. If you have any specific questions the correct forum for IDE questions is this http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=201

anonymous wrote : * easy developement
Again, more of an integration with AS for development question. With the JBoss Tools IDE or even plain Eclipse (if you don't want the integration) can be used for development.

By the way, what's going to be output of this survey? :) Are you going to publish this to community (since you are asking for inputs from the community)? :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215762#4215762

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4215762