[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: your current Jboss evaluation

Aldian_00 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 9 05:48:38 EDT 2009

Ok thank you very much for the reply. In fact I either didn't know where to post this and I thought that the beginner section would probably be good since often, experienced user go in this section for helping beginners.

About the goal of this survey, it will help my company to choose its JEE platform. I don't know wether it will be published. On one hand it could be a good thing to see wether contributors of each project agree with the results and if they have corrections to propose. But I don't know wether my boss will think the same.

Here are some details of what we plan to do: We plan to use EJB3 to develop an NGOSS type software and to deploy it on a JEE platform like JBoss. Our software will use Web services to communicate with outdoor and  be interfaced to a Network Management System to offer services such as fault management. So it is not a little application we plan to make. The choice of the application server will have consequences for years.

We won't have many clients on front end, but on back end, the NMS that will be interfaced with our app can contain hundred of equipements. So we are particulary interested in failover and load balancing capacities. What can you say about it?

And what do you think of the administration of the Jboss platform? Is it easy to manage?

Thank you very much!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216125#4216125

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216125