[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: your current Jboss evaluation

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 9 06:37:29 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : So we are particulary interested in failover and load balancing capacities. What can you say about it?

JBoss does have failover/load balancing capabilities. Best place to ask more about this is the clustering user forum http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=64.

Also read the Clustering documentation and even the clustering FAQ http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-9306

anonymous wrote : And what do you think of the administration of the Jboss platform? Is it easy to manage?

You have to tell us which version of the AS are you interested in. JBoss-4.x version, by default, doesn't have much in terms of administration interface (UI) (read my comments later on, before concluding JBossAS is bad :) ). But there is Embedded Jopr http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=294 which is very good at administrative UI. You can deploy Embedded Jopr on JBoss-4.x for administrative capabilities.
The upcoming release of JBoss-5 is going to include this administrative UI as part of the default installation http://www.jboss.org/feeds/post/jboss_as_5_0_1_ga_released

Finally, the important part, JBoss AS is the community edition. There's the JBoss EAP edition which is supported version of JBoss AS. From what i know, the EAP version already has the administrative capabilities.

anonymous wrote : I am currently working on a comparative study of Jonas, Jboss, Glassfish, Geronimo.
  | For each of them, I am posting the same question on their respective forum.

For the benefit of the readers here, can you please post the thread URLs, of your question on those forums, here?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216152#4216152

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216152