[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Pages Catalog in JBoss Portal 2.7.1

SSchult do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 9 11:22:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am searching for a Pages Catalog portlet in JBoss Portal 2.7.1 like the portlet in JBoss 2.6 we used before.

Now I am trying to create my own Catalog Portlet to get a "tree view" of all the pages in my portal page something like

default page
 - page 1
 - page 2
     - page 2.1
     - page 2.2
etc..

I tryed to use the JBoss portal api but I get a null result everytime..

  |     public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response) throws PortletException, IOException {
  |         response.setContentType("text/html");
  |         PortalNode root = (PortalNode)request.getAttribute("org.jboss.portal.api.node.PORTAL_NODE");
  |             System.out.println(root);
  |         PortletRequestDispatcher dispatcher =
  |                 getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/WEB-INF/jsp/Catalog_view.jsp");
  |         dispatcher.include(request, response);
  |     }

The result:

  | 16:12:52,391 INFO  [STDOUT] null