[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Feedback on the Smooks editor

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 10 04:07:44 EDT 2009

Thanks for the answer. That explains a lot. I understand that you can't hold back JBoss Tools just for one editor. Isn't it maybe an option to not release the Smooks editor in the next JBoss Tools? Because what is the point of releasing an editor when it is so buggy that it is almost unusable.

Now that I have the editor in my radar I am going to keep a close eye on it ;). I hope to provide you guys with more feedback in the future. That last couple of days, because I was so busy with the editor, I got a couple of feature idea's myself. At the moment I don't have time to work them out for you guys (I am at my job now) but here are some points I am thinking about:

 * Support for every Smooks input type, without having to code special support for them in the editor. You can use any Smooks reader to find out the input format, as long as you got an example input file. However for those cases where you want to use mapping files (e.g. XML schema or WSDL file) you do need to have some special Smooks reader. But the Smooks cartridge itself could provide that reader instead that the editor needs to provide it.
 * XML configuration editor enhancements:
   * Selector path code completion
   * Bean id code completion
   * Smart configuration templates for all core resource configurations
   * (Inline) Freemarker editor with variable code completion using the selector paths.

Some of these points need more explanation. If you guys are interested then I will certainly be happy to provide it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216453#4216453

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216453