[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Seam components view problem with JBDS 1.1.0.GA

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 10 17:24:36 EDT 2009

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote : im sorry but I have hard time following what you are trying to do.

  | If I install any GA version of JBDS and do File > New > Seam Web Project and uses the bundled AS and Seam (either 1.2 or 2.0) then should work out of the box.
  |
  | What steps are you doing ?

I have a pre-existing seam-gen'd project.  This is the same project as the other thread I'm writing to in this forum regarding the Hibernate Configurations setup problem.

Using Seam 2.0.2.FP I performed the following steps for this project a while back:

1) from cmd line, 'seam setup'
2) 'seam create-project'
3) 'seam generate-entities'

NOTE: difference here is that my project in Eclipse has one high level (root) folder, not four like the WTP projects.  So perhaps that's the key here as to why I'm having problems with the Seam components view as well as the Hibernate Configurations

Max, I faintly recall going thru this entire process back and forth with you a long time back.  And I think the bottom line was that in order to use the JBoss Tool functionalities, I had to re-gen my project and use the 4 project folder WTP style.

Is this still true?  Is this the reason it's not working for me??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216764#4216764

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216764