[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Seam components view problem with JBDS 1.1.0.GA

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 10 17:44:41 EDT 2009

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote : im sorry but I have hard time following what you are trying to do.

  | If I install any GA version of JBDS and do File > New > Seam Web Project and uses the bundled AS and Seam (either 1.2 or 2.0) then should work out of the box.
  |
  | What steps are you doing ?

Ok so I reproduced your steps above and now proved what I'm talking about earlier: 4 folders for an Seam web (EAR) project.

I have:

maxTest
maxTest-ear
maxTest-ejb
maxTest-test

When I switch to Hibernate perspective, I am now able to see (for this maxTest project), the following:

Configuration
Session Factory
Database

under maxTest-ejb.  I have no entities in this project yet so the HQL editor query did not work:

exec: select e from Equipment e (this entity class does not exist yet in this project)

error: org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Equipment is not mapped [select e from Equipment e]

This error *is expected*.

So again, must we use the four folder WTP style or not to use the components view and hql editor in JBoss tools?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216775#4216775

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216775