[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Seam components view problem with JBDS 1.1.0.GA

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 10 18:22:01 EDT 2009

"akazakov" wrote : "asookazian" wrote : Also, it seems strange to me that when you use seam-gen from cmd line, you end up with one high level project folder (in my case 'BETS').  But when you create a new Seam project using JBoss Tools (or Seam tools??), you end up with 4 high level folders *for the exact same project* (i.e. it's an EAR, etc.)
  | Seam-gen projects use ant sript to build/deploy EAR/EJB/WAR. So you can use any project structure. It's metter of ant file to handle it. But JBoss Tools depends on Eclipse Web Tools. And you have to have WTP-strucrtured projects to have whole set of features.
  | For EAR deployment type it creates 4 projects: EAR,EJB,WAR,Test. And there are two projects in case of WAR deployment: WAR,Test.

I would expect that the JBoss Seam/Tools dev team would have seam-gen and JBoss Tools "seamlessly" and completely integrated by now.  What I mean by that is to be able to seam-gen a new project from the IDE rather than cmd line.

I see here:  http://docs.jboss.org/tools/3.0.0.CR2/en/seam/html_single/index.html that there is some integration with some of the seam command line commands (e.g. action, form, entity, conversation, generate-entities) but I'd love to see the setup and create-project in there as well (as well as the build.xml that we know and love!)

So basically what is the recommendation from your team and Pete Muir, for example?  Use JBoss Tools and forget seam-gen from cmd line?  Stick with 4 projects "per project" for an EAR?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216787#4216787

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216787