[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Seam components view problem with JBDS 1.1.0.GA

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 10 19:37:27 EDT 2009

Ok, this thread is moving faster than I can type ;)

Let me answer some of the questions I could spot:

1) Did JBoss Tools at some point only work with the WTP style project ?

Yes - JBT 2/JBDS 1 was solely WTP

2) Does JBoss Tools work with the seam-gen styled project (or any other style than WTP ?)

Yes - JBT 3.x/JBDS 2.x supports setting up your own project structure. To get our wizards etc. to work you need to enable Seam support in project properties of each project and make sure the various out put directories are set to something existent.

3) Does seam-gen generate something that works in JBoss Tools ?

It does, but there was/is a bug that natures are not enabled fully. Solution is to go to project properties and then disable/enable Seam to force installation of the project nature/builder so we get notified of Seam project related changes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216803#4216803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216803