[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Feedback on the Smooks editor

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 03:40:58 EDT 2009

I understand that you want to release it. Most developers probably don't try Beta or RC releases. I do hope that not everybody runs into the same critical problems with the graph editor as I did.

Regarding to your questions:

How are we going to handle multiple versions of Smooks if the tooling become dependent on the runtime it self?
That is a very good question. I have an idea how to solve that. By creating a custom classloader repository for each version of Smooks, you can provide support for multiple Smooks versions. In the java project the user needs to configure which Smooks version he uses. The Smooks editor can then dynamically use the classloader repository that belongs to that version. I believe that creating this classloader system is probably easier then creating  Smooks independent readers, for every input source that Smooks supports.

Are the Smooks readers capable of handling partial documents which is how users normally edit files.
I hope I get what you mean with the question. As long as the reader gets a syntax correct file, it will be able to create a data structure from it. It is then up to the editor to decide if the structure is compatible enough against the data structure it may already have. But that wouldn't probably be any different then what it now already does for it's XML or Java source.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216859#4216859

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216859