[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - workshop project: can't generate seam entities

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 11:44:35 EDT 2009

using JBDS 2.0.0.CR2

So I'm following step-by-step the instructions here:

http://docs.jboss.org/tools/3.0.0.CR2/en/GettingStartedGuide/html_single/index.html#reverse_engineer_crud after having completed this:
http://docs.jboss.org/tools/3.0.0.CR2/en/GettingStartedGuide/html_single/index.html#first_seam

The dev db is running after executing runDBServer.bat.

I have a workshop and workshop-test project.  No errors in the problems view.

When I switch to Hibernate perspective, I see the workshop and configuration, session factory, Database underneath it in the Hibernate Configurations view.

I try to revengr the tables (Customers, Employees, etc) via Seam Generate Entities wizard.  I select (include) all the tables and click finish.  NOTE: this is a JPA type config.

Can't generate seam entities
  |   org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.ExporterException: Error while processing Entity: org.domain.workshop.entity.Orderdetails with template view/edit.xhtml.ftl
  |   Error while processing Entity: org.domain.workshop.entity.Orderdetails with template view/edit.xhtml.ftl
  |     org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.ExporterException: Error while processing Entity: org.domain.workshop.entity.Orderdetails with template view/edit.xhtml.ftl
  |     Error while processing Entity: org.domain.workshop.entity.Orderdetails with template view/edit.xhtml.ftl
  |     freemarker.template.TemplateException: Error executing macro: outputValue
  | required parameter: property is not specified.
  |     Error executing macro: outputValue
  | required parameter: property is not specified.

What's the root cause and how to fix this??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217019#4217019

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217019