[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: MBean ObjectNames are a garbled mess!

amlodzin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 11 15:29:44 EDT 2009

"dimitris at jboss.org" wrote : "amlodzin" wrote :
  |   | The problem, in the app-state case, is that the "jboss.web.deployment:*" MBeans use a random id as a key property, in addition to just one other key property - the war file name. That makes it impossible to link a particular war file with its parent EAR file (if there is one) when several ear files are deployed containing the a war file with the same name.
  |   |
  | Where do you see that - which AS version?

Every version of JBoss 4.x, including at least 4.0.2 to 4.2.3.
Also, JBoss 5.0.0 does away with the random id - but replaces it with NOTHING! So, if you could find the ID in 4.x (say, hidden in the Exception generated by jboss.system:service=MainDeployer.checkIncompleteDeployments()), you might have had a chance of matching it up to the MBean that contains the modules StateString. In 5.0.0, that chance, however slim, is gone completely.

"dimitris at jboss.org" wrote : Also, I'd be interested in some hard facts about JBoss' insignificance, rather than some random ranting.

Got your attention, didn't it ;)
In our business of providing monitoring solutions for J2EE middleware, we always build support in stages: WebLogic 1st; WebSphere 2nd; OracleAS 3rd; JBoss last.  I'm sure there are reasons beyond what the various appservers have to offer - but we follow the money.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217144#4217144

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217144