[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Can't Deploy my app on jboss 5.0.0 GA

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 12 11:35:08 EDT 2009

Based on this message:

 Deployment "vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA-jdk6/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/sms-ds.xml" is in error due to the following reason(s): java.lang.IllegalStateException: jboss.jca:name=smsactj
ndi,service=ManagedConnectionFactory is already installed.

You must have another *-ds.xml file that already defines the data source named "smsactjndi"

Question for you: your steps 2 and 3, why did you do those? Step 2 is insufficient to convert JMS to use another database. Also, did you by any chance completely replace the DefaultDS datasource? I really prefer that you make as few changes to the existing JBoss AS configuration until we get your app running (or get the configuration changes running first and then try deploying your app).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217532#4217532

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217532