[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Jboss 5.x deploy problem

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 12 17:23:15 EDT 2009

The "unable to find orb" message is expected when running a nonclustered instance of JBoss AS - you can ignore that message. Note that it is a DEBUG message.

I dont like the looks of this part of the error text:

Dependency "jboss.jca:name=
  |       java:/app/jdbc/jdbc/cbadmDS
  |     ,service=DataSourceBinding

Did you by any chance define the data source name in persistence.xml as follows:

<jta-data-source>
  |          java:/app/jdbc/jdbc/cbadmDS
  | </jta-data-source>

Are you aware that white space is not trimmed for the data source name that you provide? Thus the newlines and spaces are assumed to be part of the name? Instead, use:

<jta-data-source>java:/app/jdbc/jdbc/cbadmDS</jta-data-source>

folesen, I don't see how you ran into the exact same problem unless you are deploying the exact same application that zlatkop is deploying. I recommend that you open a new topic and post your exception stack trace there - hijacking someone else's post to get help on your problem is not good manners.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217659#4217659

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217659