[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Feedback on the Smooks editor

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 12 18:39:53 EDT 2009

I think we are talking about the same thing and yes I would love to go on a chat with you guys - but not until we get GA out; i'm fully booked until then, so some time next week.

With respect to broken syntax readers imagine if the java editor in eclipse would stop being able to code complete, syntax color etc. if you did not make sure every key you pressed were correct ?

Anyhow - I agree it might be ok for a smooks editor  to be more strict if we can get a lot of features "for free" by giving up some others.

Next after binding to specific versions of Smooks (which you say is not so big a deal because Smooks is built to be backwards and possibly also forwards compatible - thanks for that!) then my biggest issue is being able to read smooks configuration files without having all the listed classes/resources available to the reader (i.e. classes might not be compiled, templates might not be where you want it to be etc.)

But let's chat about that next week.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217667#4217667

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217667