[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Session Problem

peris do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 13 05:55:53 EDT 2009

Jboss server 4.2.2.GA
Jboss portal 2.7.0

I have created some user name and pasword in jboss portal. Based on the user name and password I have forwarded the user to their particular portal. I can get the user details in the following jsp files.

C:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-core.war\WEB-INF\jsp\tabs.jsp.

In the above file I set the user name in session object ( session.setAttribute("userName" , userName) ). I tried to get this session value in portlet jsp file using the following way.

1 ) session.getAttribute("userName");

2 ) String) Navigation.getPortalRuntimeContext().getSession().getAttribute("userName");

3) (String)renderRequest.getPortletSession().getAttribute("userName");

But I got only null values. I dont know how to set the value in session in tabs.jsp and get that value from session  in portlet jsp files. I f you have any idea please share with me.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217772#4217772

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217772